Tuesday, September 24, 2013

Happiness is a Choice

So I was reading through a friend’s blog and ran across an entry entitled “Happiness is a Conscious Decision.” It brought to memory something my brother always used to tell me when I was down. Happiness is a choice, so choose to be happy. It’s easy in this place to forget the good things and focus on the bad, thus leading to the nightly pondering of “what on earth am I doing here?” When it comes down to it, my experience here is entirely up to me. I can’t help but wonder what my days would be like if I woke up every morning and started the day off on a positive note. “Good morning star shine! The earth says hello.” <This is one of my all-time favorite quotes> Thus I’ve decided to go at the rest of this week with a positive outlook. God has given me so much to be thankful for! It is my responsibility to look for those things and keep them in my heart and not take them for granted. 
“Yesterday is history. Tomorrow is a mystery. Today is a gift, that’s why it’s called the Present.”

1 comment: