Wednesday, September 25, 2013

The Happiest Project Ever

For those of you who know me, you know I like challenges. It's so exciting to set a goal and be able to conquer it. Due to thoughts stemming from the previous post and various blogs I follow, I've decided on my next big adventure. Happiness! I'm a decently smiley person as it is, but true, absolute bliss is slightly more difficult to achieve. Contemplating how I might endeavor to accomplish this, I came across a particularly insightful post, which has become the basis for this project. "The Habits of Supremely Happy People" is exactly what it appears to be- a list of things supremely happy people do to be, well, happy. In case you aren't feeling in the "click and explore" mood, I've provided a condensed version of the list here:
  1. They surround themselves with other happy people
  2. They smile when they mean it
  3. They cultivate resilience
  4. They try to be happy
  5. They are mindful of the good
  6. They appreciate simple pleasures
  7. They devote some of their time to giving
  8. They let themselves lose track of time (and sometimes they can't help it)
  9. They nix small talk for deeper conversation
  10. They spend money on other people
  11. They make a point to listen
  12. They uphold in-person connections
  13. They look on the bright side
  14. They value a good mix-tape
  15. They unplug
  16. They get spiritual
  17. They make exercise a priority
  18. They go outside
  19. They spend some time on the pillow
  20. They LOL
  21. They walk the walk
So there it is. Twenty-one of the secrets to being happy. How does this work into my project? Each day I will choose one attribute to focus on and attempt to implement in my own life. Details to follow and joy to come! Until next time enjoy this picture of the happiest puppy ever.

No comments:

Post a Comment