Sunday, January 30, 2011

Fog

I don’t have a lot of very profound moments in life, but today was an exception. My good friend, Heidee, and I had been planning on going up to Utah State to visit our other BFF, Kim Possible (long story). Life, being what it is, caught up to us and a chance of snow and some foggy conditions became detrimental to our travel plans. With guidance and advice from parents and the family milk man (my uncle), we decided to go ahead with our travel plans anyways. All was well and the fog wasn’t as bad as we were expecting. That is, until we hit Sardine Canyon. The fog became very dense and we couldn’t see too far ahead. I thought it was pretty cool and Heidee brought up the comment that it was much like life. We all have a road or path of life which we follow, but we don’t know where it’s going. We can choose to stay on the strait and narrow or we can choose to take the nearest exit and embark on a different adventure. The difference is, we are given tools to reach our destination if we stay on the path. If we go astray, we don’t know where we will end up and therefore have no tools to help us when we are lost. I’ve been thinking about those different tools we have. First to come to mind are church, scriptures, and prophets. But we also have our families. Personally, I think I have the best family ever. But I’m a little biased. I could probably go on about the little things in life that my parents or brothers have taught me, but you have your own pool of experiences to draw from at your leisure. However, I still hold out that my little brother is the coolest kid ever. He just turned 15 and is into the whole BMX scene. He’s actually pretty good. As much as it kills me to think about this, he can even do a back flip! So you’re picturing this kind of awkward, lanky, but pretty chill dude, right? This up-and-coming BMX pro is also my number one fashion consultant. Say what you want about your mom and your friends, but I still think my little brother has the best taste of them all. I’m not really sure how that ties into the whole tools of life analogy, but it just goes to show that help can be found in the most random places. But seriously, if you want advice on what looks good before your date with that “special someone,” just ask him. To sum it up, we reached our destination in one piece, although we did have to do a couple U-turns. But such is life. If I had any advice from our trip, it would be this: put on some good tunes, enjoy the road of life, and ALWAYS have a GPS handy.

No comments:

Post a Comment