Friday, January 28, 2011

Well, I’ve never done a blog or anything of the sort before, so this is my experiment. I figure I have things to say and dang-it, why not share them with the world? Talk to any one of my friends and they will tell you that I LOVE sharing the random stories and adventures of my life. With everyone. It’s exciting! Latest adventure? Park City! A couple of my awesome friends and I went to Park City’s Sundance Film Festival to see if we could “spot the stars.” Did we see any? That’d be a negative. BUT we did have some epic fun exploring stores and people watching. Top experiences of the day: 1. Bramble 2. Kelsie the fashionista 3. “Are you that actress?”

1. Bramble. Upon exploring Main Street, we discovered this totally fantastic band named Bramble. To give you an example of their pure awesomeness, they used banjos, ukuleles, and trash cans for instruments. And then they switched! They are incredibly talented and our dear Kelsie got one of their CDs. Visit bramblemusic.com for your listening pleasure. Although as a forewarning, be careful if you decide to view their pictures. One does include some cheek action and I’m not talking about faces here.

2. Just as we were preparing for departure, Kelsie was approached by a woman with a camera. That’s right. Kelsie is now in a fashion blog. We all knew it would happen someday. Except apparently her. Kels, you are a fashionista. It’s true. Check out her moment in the spotlight at dawnstag.blogspot.com

3. The last is my funny moment of the day. While Kels was having her photo op, a happy, although somewhat creepy, old man came up to me and inquired if I was “that actress.” My only response, “I wish!” Pretty sure he was joking. If he were serious, well, that’d just be weird. But funny none-the-less.


When I arrived at my house, I embarked on my final adventure of the day: I, Rigoberta Menchu: An Indian Woman in Guatemala. A few weeks ago, my anthropology teacher gave us the assignment which will be my doom. We were to read a book (a biography of epically boring proportions) and write a three page paper on it. Hmm… If you know me, you know that I didn’t get the book until two weeks later and I didn’t start reading it until…well…last night. The paper is due today. Was due. Um, yeah. I didn’t finish it. Grade? Down the toilet. Again. When will I ever learn?

Procrastination is the story of my life. Here’s a little taste: 12th grade English class. Thanks to the new English program in our district, I was able to take both semesters of English in one semester. I thought that was just the bees’ knees, if you know what I mean. So I signed up for both classes my second semester and put them one right after the other with the same teacher. Can I just issue this warning? DON’T DO THIS. Worst decision of my life! The way my teacher had her classes structured, there was one big writing assignment at the beginning of the semester and if you didn’t do it, then you wouldn’t pass the class. What did I do? As you can imagine, my inner procrastinator took over and I didn’t do the papers for either class. That meant I was going to fail BOTH my English classes. Not my best moment. Seeing as this was senior year, without these classes I wouldn’t be graduating. The ironic part? One of the papers I didn’t do was a graduation speech. Funny, right? So I talked to my teacher and she said she’d be willing to work with me. She would give me a “pass” grade instead of a letter grade, so the classes would go on as electives. BUT I had to still do all of the work for her class and not miss a single assignment the rest of the year. This also meant that I had to do packets to make up the English credits. Long story short, if I ever see one of those packets again, I will probably have a mental breakdown and be institutionalized. Hate them with passion. Moral of the story: don’t procrastinate. Making it up is so much worse than just doing the assignment in the first place. So you’d think I learned my lesson right? Yep, sure did…not. Obviously.

So here it is. The first post in my blog. If you like it, that’s great! Recommend it to others. Or don’t. Whatever floats your boat. I’ll just promise you this. I’ll try to make it interesting (my life usually is semi-entertaining). As for now, I have to work on some homework. Ahead of time. It’s a miracle!

(-<) peace

1 comment:

  1. Haha! I love this post! I'm feel so honored to be featured in this post, you're far too kind. :)
    As for the procrastination... We need to work on that. Haha!
    Love you!

    ReplyDelete