Thursday, November 3, 2011

Gratitude is the Best Attitude!

As Thanksgiving fast approaches, a feeling of gratitude envelopes the nation. This is made evident by the many posts on Facebook which go something like this:
"This month is Thanksgiving so for the entire month everyday I'm going to post one thing I'm thankful for in my life. :) I challenge everyone to do this as well.... This whole month no matter how bad of a day you have instead of complaining on here write something you're thankful for. :)" (Courtesy of Kelsie Bruce)
Although I am a little slow in starting, I've decided to take this challenge. However, I've decided to add my own spin to it. There are many things in life I am grateful for, but I think the people in my life are the ones that make the biggest difference. Thus, each day I am going to post one thing and one person that I am grateful for. Because I missed days one and two, I'm going to do a little catch-up and put them on here. 
Day 1: I am grateful for cough drops. Disgusting though they may be, they saved my life when the smoke screen at the ballet tickled my throat and caused a coughing attack. I am also grateful for Ann Johnson because she invited me to come with her to said ballet. I hope she knows how much I treasure her friendship. She is awesome!
Day 2: I am grateful for medicine. Thanks to the medicine my doctor prescribed, I was able to function like a normal human being for the first time in a week. I am grateful for Heidee Miller because she encourages me to be my best and she reminds me to stand in holy places (aka institute!). She is always teaching me new things and offering insights.
Day 3: I am grateful for blankets on freezing cold nights. I am also grateful for Travis Harris, my brother. His example in serving a mission has made a difference in my life and in the lives of my family members. Today is his 20 month mark (:
So there you have it, a little taste of what I am grateful for. Of course, there are so many more things and people I could put, but that's what the rest of the month is for! Happy Thanksgiving Month everyone!

2 comments:

  1. I love this, Alex! I'm doing the people I'm thankful for all month, too. But I love that you're doing a person and a thing! There is so much to be thankful for and I'm so thankful for you! Love you, girl.

    ReplyDelete
  2. PS- This is Kels, not Kourtney. Not sure why it did that...

    ReplyDelete