Tuesday, November 8, 2011

My Thankful Things

I know you're supposed to post every day, but being more of a pen and paper girl, I have all of my thankful things written in a notebook. Therefore I will be posting them in blocks on here.... It has absolutely nothing to do with me being lazy... Nothing at all..... *cough..*cough... So here is block two of my thankful things:
Day 4: I'm grateful for apple cider. It is divine! I'm also grateful for my dad Timothy Wayne Harris because he is just awesome! I'm especially thankful that he stopped by my work today and said hello. Totally made my day!
Day 5: I'm grateful for grape jelly packets. When combined with the warming tray at work, they make for excellent hand warmers. They are especially nice while one stands in a window all day. I'm also grateful for Kelsie Bruce because she let me borrow her jacket while we gallivanted around Salt Lake on a particularly frigid night.
Day 6: I'm grateful for wonderful friends. They bring such a wonderful quality and meaning to my life. I wouldn't be who I am today if it weren't for them. I'm also grateful for Natalie Jones. She is just an amazing person and she has this ability to make every person feel important and loved.
Day 7: I'm grateful for Christmas music. Yes, I did write this before reading the post by my friend Cheree who posted it for her Day 8 of gratitude. Even though it's waaay too early for Christmas music, there's no denying the warm feeling it brings to your heart. I'm thankful for my mom, Jill Harris. She came with me to the store at 10:30 at night even though she really would have preferred to stay home.
Day 8: I'm grateful for a country in which we can vote without fearing for our lives and where we have democracy. I say this because Nicaragua had their elections last week and all the missionaries, including my brother, were told to stay home for their safety on Monday. I'm so glad we don't have to worry about such things. I'm also grateful for my Grandma Matthews who continually reminds me that there is joy in serving others, especially family members.
There is so much to be thankful for!!

No comments:

Post a Comment