Sunday, February 20, 2011

"Sitting, Waiting, Wishing"

I am officially a lame blogger. But don't blame me, blame Robot Unicorn Attack. It's an extremely addicting game. Other reasons for not posting? Crazy busy life. But no worries, that's going to change soon. I decided to deactivate my Facebook account. I'm refusing to use it. Also, don't be surprised if I don't text you back. Here's where you're wondering what the heck is going on. I'd like to say the answer is simple, but it's not. All I know is that recently my life has been spinning out of control. It finally came to a crashing halt today (which I won't get into). We'll just say my life has more or less gone to hell and I need to take a minute to put it right. We all live in this world surrounded by technology and social media. To put it simply, everyone is fake these days. Fake smiles, fake friends, etc. I'm not saying I'm not guilty. I am. That's my problem. We create this image of what we want people to think we are and we lose sight of who we really are. Example: I'm not a germ-a-phobe. So what? Well, most of my friends think I am. It's because that's what I choose to let them believe. Yeah, I think little kids are germy (which is gross, but I'm pretty sure most people would agree with me) and I don't share food (backwash, saliva= nasty), but that's not that unusual. The point is, this isn't who I am. And something needs to change. Thus, no Facebook for a while. But for my Facebook friends reading this, I do have one suggestion: play "Robot Unicorn Attack." It's only the best game ever. SO addicting. Well, this week did have some adventures. Most of them took place at my friend's house where we played games and made treats. Other adventures include Denny's, a mailbox, and speed dating. That's right. My singles ward combined with a couple other wards and we did speed dating. Holy weird. I'm thinking I won't do that again. Ever. Let's just say people are weird. That about sums it up. We went to Denny's the other evening after taking two hours to decide where to eat and discovering that everywhere else was closed by that point. The best part was definitely the chocolate chip pancakes. Yes, I'm mildly obsessed with them. Can I help it that they're amazing? Anyways... Wednesday there was a crazy snow storm that came out of nowhere. My friend/neighbor was turning onto my street and lost traction, sliding right into my mailbox. Goodbye mailbox! It was pretty much exciting and kind of funny. Good times. Do you ever hear a song and think that's exactly how you're feeling at that moment? Let's just say that Jack Johnson is mega pro like that. His songs always, always correspond to my life. Gotta love it. Happy Singles Awareness week friends.

3 comments:

  1. I hope you realize that some of us are not as dumb as you think we are. We know you aren't as much of a germaphobe as you pretend and that you don't hate everything, but it's just kinda fun to tease you about it. Hope I didn't contribute to much to your feeling that everyone is fake.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That was just an example, so don't worry. I just have some things in my head I need to sort out.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Alexandra, I just love you. I'm going to text you soon, and you better text back. Ya hear?
    Now, about your life going to Hell? I don't like the sound of that. What's up? Tell me about your life, woman! 1 week gone and I feel like everything has changed! Fill me in? :D

    ReplyDelete