Thursday, March 3, 2011

Halfway There!


It has officially been a year since my brother left on a mission. I know people usually reserve reflecting on the past year for New Year's, but I think now is as good a time as ever. It's so crazy to think how much has happened just in this last year. Since Travis left, I have graduated high school, started college, had my first relationship (...insert awkward laugh here), had my first non-Lagoon job (shocker), started attending the singles' ward (go team!), and started a blog! Other crazies from this year: Mom lost and found a job, my cousin is going on a mission (yay Sums!), and as of today, my little brother can drive. So if I were you, I'd stay off the roads for a while. A very long while. Yikes.. And there we have it. One year down, one (and three weeks) to go. Looking at how far I've come in a year, it is crazy to imagine how far I'm going to go in the one to come. With any luck I'll be in Disneyland. Cross my fingers! Knock on wood. Any other cliches you want to add to that... Moral of the story: my brother is the best missionary ever. Seriously. Sorry, you're just going to have to tell your missionary buddies that while yes, they are great, mine is the best. If you've ever met him, you already know this.
What a glorious morning it was today! I woke up to the sound of rain and I was delighted! Honestly, I love, love, love warm weather. If I could live in 95 degrees year round, I would be the happiest person on Earth. But there is something about rain (instead of snow) that makes everything seem new and fresh. Props to my friends who ran almost 5 miles in the rain and hail. Speaking of running, I kind of slacked off. I was so excited a few weeks ago when I ran 1.5 miles (don't judge), but I kind of stopped for a while. Anyways, I went to the gym last night and was sad to see 0.75 miles. While it totally sucks to see that number, it is a great reminder to me that I can't just take a break from my goals. If I want to accomplish something, then dang-it I better work on it! So here is my renewed promise to you that I will run a half marathon sometime this year. Or at least a 5 or 10k.
I don't know about you, but I'm looking forward to this summer. Sunshine, glorious sunshine. How amazing would it be if we just had a week of sunshine right now? Sure, we can go right back to rain, but give us a week of warmth please. Why am I talking about this? Prepare to be jealous. Yours truly is going to Arizona in a week and a day. Jealous? Thought so. I am so so so excited! The only thing I'm not so excited about is the car trip. We're driving down in a little Jetta. I swear the seats in there are made of stone. Four people, one small car. It doesn't help that my little brother is six feet tall. It makes for an interesting trip. In other words, no sleep. Eh. Not excited about that. But on the bright side, I get to go swimming every morning and sit out and soak up the sun (: I can't even begin to say how excited I am for that. Oh, and the best part? Muffins!!! We get muffins for breakfast. The big kind, like from Sams Club. Double chocolate chip. Eaten with a spoon. You know you're jealous. You should be. Mmm... Guess you're just going to have to go get one now.

1 comment:

  1. Those double chocolate chip muffins are the best! That's great that you have a goal of running a half marathon, or 5 or 10k. Tim and I are working toward a 5k in June. The hail luckily came at the end of our run. I got home soaked! :P

    ReplyDelete